Monday, October 5, 2009

Devotion that Inspires

"Why don't you schedule the surgery?" I asked my friend. He had been experiencing excruciating back pain and recently found out there was a surgery that might alleviate his discomfort.

"I have a special gift I'm finishing up. The doctor said there is a chance I will not be able to do my woodworking for a while, maybe ever again, after the surgery. It will take some time, but I want to finish this gift beforehand. I want to know it is done." He replied.

Knowing how much his pain had impacted his physical and emotional well being, my initial reaction was open-mouthed astonishment.

As the day wore on, I kept coming back to our conversation...wondering about the spark of love that was carrying him through his pain...love for the recipient...love for his art...

I was haunted by the sense of legacy in his voice...to know this gift of his handiwork would live on years beyond his physical body.

Oh, to love with such devotion...Oh to live with such passion...Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment