Thursday, April 15, 2010

Calendar Prayer

Let's face it, most of us rarely link prayer with time management, but I am wondering if they are unrelated. Think about it, isn't time one of the most precious gifts we have been given?

How do you treat that gift?

Sometimes it feels as if time slips away like air slowly leaking out of a balloon--at first it is barely noticeable, but before long, the balloon is lifeless, flat. So it can go with our days if we are not careful, mindful of where our minutes are going.

It is Thursday-again. The week is almost over and the "to do's" on my list for this week are still longer than my days. I wonder, "Why?" Am I over committed and there was never any way all of those things could get done? Have I been wasting too much time on the phone or the computer? Did something simply take longer than I expected?

What if I were to take time to notice? What if I were to begin my days with a few minutes of calendar prayer? Would it make a difference if each morning as I plan my day I were to take a few deep breaths, give thanks for this moment, this hour, this day, and asked for wisdom and guidance to use the time I have been given to serve my and the world's greatest good?

I'm gonna give it a try...will you? What works for you in managing this sacred resource?

Namaste

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS MOVING TO MY UPDATED WEBSITE. PLEASE GO TO http://marybeasullivan.com/blog/ AND SIGN UP TO CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THIS BLOG. THANKS!! M

No comments:

Post a Comment